Saturday, July 16, 2011

What's Up?


I have been MIA for a while, that's true. For some time now I have known that I needed to work on my studio. I am blessed to have a large space where I can create, but after a couple of years it had gotten too cluttered and messy. So, this early Spring I decided that I would re-create the studio space into a fun & organized place.

I am happy to say that I have accomplished 85% of what I wanted so far. Of course, as the space came together I was itching to get back to creating art and it wasn't too long before I just couldn't stop myself. So, I have a little more to finish, but one of the best things added to my studio is this picture rail! My hubby made it out of some beautiful light colored wood. I had planned on painting it up (of course!) but the wood is so nice I just couldn't cover it. I just painted up the supports and made some knob medallions to customize & personalize it. I love seeing this wall with my Halloween art collection. It is the first wall you see when entering the studio. Perfect welcome!! Some of the pieces are mine and most are from other Halloween artists.

Oh, and yes!... that is a group of tutu crinolines hanging in the middle. I so rarely wear them anymore anyway!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

I love this shelf! I have an old mirror that a friend framed for me years ago. The wood is light colored like yours. I thought about painting it and just couldn't cover that beautiful wood. It also has a shelf on it. You have given me the idea to put hangers under the shelf. Duh, why didn't I see that? Going to Hobby Lobby next week to look for different hangers to put on it.
Thanks for sharing, your studio looks like a comfy place to be!
Gourdie

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Hey, Karen, so good to hear from you! I see you have been busy. I love your new studio and the shelf looks great. What a wonderful collection you have going. Sorry to hear that you have retired your tutus though.LOL

Kimberly Ellertson said...

Oooh I'd love to see your craft room with all of the updates. The shelf is awesome!! We'll have to come back over for a visit before too long...