Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring! Yea!!!


I have been spending the Winter hand dyeing and felting wool. I love to work with wool -- it dyes the most beautiful colors and sews like a dream.
I have been creating pin cushions. Some with Halloween themes, of course, but lately they are definitely sweeter.

This one is called "Pond". It is made of hand dyed wool, a handmade dragonfly, and lots of embroidered bugs.
It is currently on eBay until Sunday, March 27th. If you are interested in my auction, please click here. I would LOVE to have you visit.
I am sooo ready for Spring! Winter doesn't seem to want to end here in my mountain valley. We have had snow this week and more forecast, but I saw a buttercup on one of the slopes 3 days ago! This gives me hope and fills me with joy!

Happy Spring Everyone!

1 comment:

Dianie said...

Karen,
I really love these pincushions you have been creating.
I love the colors as well and to know that you hand dyed it yourself is even more intriguing!

N.Utah does not want to let go of winter either... snow in our forecast as well.
I did notice a little lonely yellow crocus under our Maple the other day.. it does bring hope :)

take care,
~Diane