Monday, June 15, 2009

Time to share!


I was given a blog award and I must share it with you!

Here are the official STEPS of this Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.Thank you so much, Susie Jefferson!
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.Done.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.Only too happy to do that for Susie! You will love her blog!
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.Okay, check below.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.They're down below, too.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.{hope I do that correctly! They are fabulous blogs!}
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.Yep, will do.

*********************
7 Little known things about me...
*I'm ambidextrous. Draw and write with the left hand, do everything else with the right hand or both.
*I live in paradise -- not only my surroundings, but a state of mind.
*I ride a Catrike (the low 3 wheel cycle, not at all like the childhood ones).
*I love to play Scrabble and therefore, I know some pretty weird words.
*I don't have a television by choice. {I do watch some shows on-line late at night through!}
*I am a volunteer librarian.
*I eat rhubarb nearly every day - all year long.

7 Blogs I Nominate:

Witch Hollow Primitives
Heather is not only totally creative, but she is versatile and charming. Oh, and she is the nicest person ever and puts together a beautiful blog.

Skeleton in My Closet
Even though Josie would like to have an award-free blog zone, I am going to send this award her way. She is just too talented, a bit twisted, and very busy with her blogs, art groups, work, and sculpts. I couldn't leave her out, she is a major inspiration to me.

PieCaKe PRiMiTiVeS
Lorraine is one busy and amazingly quick sew-ster! She creates charming soft dolls for all the holidays with a definite personal style. They are sweet and her blog has the most lovely photos of her creations.

Octoberfarm
This is one of the most interesting blogs I have ever visited. Jaz not only posts the most beautiful photos of her surroundings, but she has an amazing collection of rare {and rarely seen} witch treasures AND she cooks, too! You will be transfixed and hungry after visiting her blog!

Paint_Misbehavin
Witty and wise and covered in paint -- that is our Paint {yep, that's her name, too}. Fairly new to blogging but not to creating some wonderful Halloween themed artworks. Her primitive paintings of extra-large moons set in the nightsky are simply breath-taking!

Lisa Lectura Creations
Lisa's blog was one of the first blogs I ever visited... and she got me hooked. Lisa is very versatile - working with fabric, paint, stitches, wax, and embellishments. Her blog will make you feel calm and blessed, I know that's how I feel with every visit.

Light and Shadow Studio
Tammy is a complete phenomenon! Her signature art pieces are the happiest beaming moons ever, but that is just the tip of her "iceberg". She sculpts and carves ornies that are highly collected and snapped up nearly before the paint is dry! Her blog is a wonderful showcase -- don't miss it.

I wish I could have listed all of my favorites, but that would have taken me all year!!!

Thanks again, Susie, for this award, your supportive and kind words, and your willingness to share.

with fondness, Karen

7 comments:

Dianie said...

Karen,
Congratulations on your award.
I had never been to Octoberfarm and her blog is amazing! I enjoyed every second there.
And of course those other gals are phenomenal artists, Wonderful choices.
~Diane
p.s
I left you an award on your earlier post..

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hey...wow...thanks for the shout out! i am never sure that what i am doing is interesting so this means a lot!!!

Skeleton In My Closet said...

{I will not be drawn in, I will not be drawn in, I will not be drawn in} There, now I've fortified myself against a wonderful blog award. Whew.

Seriously Karen, I thank you for your sweet words AND the attention pointed at my blog.

And 'Back atcha', since your art never ceases to surprise and delight me.

Josie

Unknown said...

Hi Karen!! Congrats on the award, well deserved..and thanks so much for giving me an award!!:o)

Carole said...

Very cool blog. Found you thru witch hollow primitives. Will be back when I'm feeling witchy!

Susie Jefferson said...

You wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't feel you WELL deserved it, so bask in the glow, lol. I see Diane left you an award as well - another very discerning reader....

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Karen! I don't think I ever knew about this lovely award! I was just browsing to keep up with your creative inspirations and saw this. If I thanked you already, then I must be losing it. I know around this time, I was on vacation. Thanks so much for passing on the love!

Hugs,
Lisa :)