Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's good to be Queen...


... and here is why!




I am so happy I joined in this swap. A small group of us decided that we would make personalized crowns for our swap recipient. Ooooo Lucky Me!!!

Jamie of Peach Street Primitives is a very versatile and talented artist. Jamie made this amazing crown for me. She worked very hard on it, using extremely hot tools to construct this beautifully regal confection using wire, glass, beads, images, and letters.


I have to say, it not only fits like a dream, but she captured my queenliness to perfection. She spelled out "Artful Queen Madame K" around the rim.

Humbleness is hearby banished! So, sayth the Queen.
Thank you, Jamie!!

4 comments:

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

Wow, that is sooo cool! You look great!!

Jamie

Dianie said...

Hi Karen,
What a lovely crown! And what a gorgeous Queen you are :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Diane

Kimberly Ellertson said...

What a cool swap idea! And she did a perfect job on your crown. LOVE IT!

Flora said...

Karen,
You have the most beautiful smile!!!!can you see me bowing down to your majesty!!!?
blessings,Flora